Monday, August 12, 2013

unit 6: Loving Kindness, and Integral Assessment

I completed the universal Loving Kindness (meditation) exercise, and I was actually surprised by the results.  First, I was upset with myself because I forgot to have this done by Saturday. I had let life take over.  Then, I set that aside, so that I could do the exercise.  I repeated the words over, and over.  I realized that, not only should I wish others well, my actions should also foster wellness in others.  At least, I can keep that in mind.  Freedom from suffering, sustained health, happiness, and wholeness: these are things that we all have a right to, I would say it’s even our birthright to these. 
The assessment brought up issues for me that I would like to change, in the area of work.  I have difficulties finding the type of job that suits me, and sticking with it.  I’ve been underemployed for some time, now, and I am feeling badly about that.  I’m at a time in my life when I need to just focus on retiring (in about 12-15 years), and I know that it will take persistence and commitment to get there.  I am going to journal about finding my ideal work, and work on bringing that into my reality.  I have some books that I have used in the past to guide me through the process.   I have considered using a coach, which I will look into, if need be.  I’m grateful for this class, and being able to think in new ways.
Laurie

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on finding that fulfilling job you need! It makes such a difference in your day-to-day life. Also, I think the coach idea sounds like a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have much success with the exercise this week but found the assessment helpful. I hope things improve for you and that you soon find the job that suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the assignment helpful this week. I definitely was able to center more and locate the issues that need work as well as my feelings for others. I am not liking some of the things I'm learning about myself through all of this, but I will continue to push through and continue self-improving! Good luck with finding that completely successful job!

    ReplyDelete