Sunday, August 25, 2013

Most Helpful Meditation Exercises For Me

This course and the meditation exercises that we have been practicing have helped me to see how important this is to integral health.  The exercises that were most beneficial to me were the Loving Kindness exercise, and the Meeting Aesclepius exercise.   I enjoyed the time spent thinking of my loved one, and the way that the exercise guided me to use the energy of that love.  The Meeting Aesclepius exercise allowed me to see how I could receive wisdom from and healing through this guided meditation. 
I plan on using these exercises, to help me grow spiritually.  I will also seek out other examples, as I continue my path to integral health.  One way that I like to practice meditation is in a group environment.  My husband and I attend a Sunday meditation service, whenever we can, where we meditate for an hour in a spiritual place. The energy of all of us, together, concentrating on our relationship to the Divine, is something that is unique and beautiful. 
Throughout my college career, I have taken other classes on the science of how stress affects us, and society pressures, etc.  The exercises in this course have allowed me to practice what I have read about, and gain a new insight on their usefulness in my own life.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laurie,
    I love how each of us has a different way of refocusing and relieving stress. I think this is a big step in finding ourselves and finding that peace. Learning and experiencing different thinging help us expand and move outside the box. We can't learn much when we stay in our comfort zone. Best wishes to you! ~Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of doing meditation in a class or something before, but I've never heard of people getting together just for meditation. Is it guided? Does it make it easier for you to concentrate? It sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete