Monday, August 19, 2013

Aesclepius / Subtle Mind

I have been having company all weekend, as we’ve been selling puppies for a few days, and sadly, I wasn’t able to complete the meditation exercise until today.  I was pleasantly surprised by the experience.   I chose a person as my wise one, mentor, someone who had been in my life throughout childhood  (like a sort of grandma).  She has passed on, and remains special to me.  I definitely felt the essence of those parts described in the meditation: the crown, throat, and heart.  It gave me an awareness that I can incorporate those gifts into my own life, so that I am able to give to others.   I have a friend who is seriously ill, in the hospital right now, and I will be praying and meditating with this subtle mind for her, today. 

As our text mentions, if practitioners do not work on their own spiritual evolution, they will be less equipped to help others do so.  “Having a map of Hawaii is not like actually being there”, (Schlitz, Amorok, Micozzi, 2005, p. 477).  If you are a practitioner, and you also work on your own wellness through integral practices, you will build the trust of your patients, through your experience.  We are not meant to be on a pedestal, but to practice what we preach, so to speak. 
Laurie
Reference
Schlitz, M., Amorok, T., Micozzi, M. (2005). Consciousness and Healing: Integral Approaches to Mind-Body Medicine. Elsevier, Churchill, Livingstone.


No comments:

Post a Comment